BC honors former athletes at induction ceremony in Conte Forum.
Honorees will be feted on September 7
Mike Mamula '95
- One of the most skilled - and feared - defensive ends in college football, he established Boston College defensive standards with 24 career quarterback sacks; 13 sacks in a single season (1994); and 3.5 sacks in one regular-season game (vs. Temple, 1994).
- Named NBC-TV's "Player of the Game" after a stunning 14-tackle (2 sacks) performance in BC's 41-39 victory over No. 1-ranked Notre Dame in 1993.
- Capped the 1994 campaign with All-BIG EAST honors and was MVP in BC's Aloha Bowl win over Kansas State with four QB sacks (one for a safety) in the game.
- Selected in the first round of the 1995 NFL draft, he played six seasons of professional football for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012.