Mark MacDonald '84
- A dominating All-America tackle, he played a major role in
the success of the legendary Eagle offensive units of the
- Co-Captain of Boston College's 1985 Cotton Bowl Champions, a
team that finished with a 10-2 record and ranked No. 4 in
the nation. He was also a starter for BC's 1982 Tangerine
Bowl and 1983 Liberty Bowl squads.
- Twice earned All-East honors and selected to play in the
1985 Senior Bowl.
- After graduation, he played five seasons with the NFL's
Minnesota Vikings and Phoenix Cardinals, but elected to
forgo his professional football career to study medicine.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 2002.