John Kissell '50
- A native of Nashua, N.H., Kissell was a three-year standout on the Eagles' football team.
- A towering defensive lineman, he was a member of the 1942 team that faced Alabama in the Orange Bowl.
- He then served three years in the Army during World War II before returning to Boston College for the 1946 and 1947 seasons.
- He then made his mark in the professional level, distinguishing himself as one of the NFL's premier defensive lineman. He was selected to the Cleveland Browns all-time team.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999.