John Kissell '50
- A native of Nashua, N.H., Kissell was a three-year standout
on the Eagles' football team.
- A towering defensive lineman, he was a member of the 1942
team that faced Alabama in the Orange Bowl.
- He then served three years in the Army during World War II
before returning to Boston College for the 1946 and 1947
- He then made his mark in the professional level,
distinguishing himself as one of the NFL's premier defensive
lineman. He was selected to the Cleveland Browns all-time
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1999.