Ralph King '50
- IC4A and New England sprint champion in the 100- and 200- yard events and the region's indoor champion in the 45-yard spring race.
- Also a member of Boston College's New England indoor and outdoor mile-relay championship teams.
- Successfully competed in a wide range of national track meets during this "Golden Era" of collegiate track and field.
- The first African-American to Captain a varsity team at Boston College, he later devoted his professional career to the promotion of intergroup relations as an executive of one of the most visible organizations in this field, the National Conference of Christians and Jews.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1997.