John Janusas '38
- Known as "The BC Iron Man", he played 60 minutes of every
game at tackle for nearly three years and was named to the
All-New England team three times as well as the 1937 All-
East squad and several All-America listings.
- Also played four years of ice hockey at the Heights and was
a defenseman on BC's 1938 New England championship team.
- After graduation, he was a member of the College All-Star
team that played the New York Giants and also competed for
the U.S. All-Stars that played exhibition games in Europe.
- During World War II, he was an All-Service football
selection for the Jacksonville NAS Fliers.
- He coached football at all levels for more than 30 years,
starting as an assistant on Gil Dobie's staff at Boston
College in 1938. He was inducted into the Massachusetts High
School Football Coaches Hall of Fame in 1970.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1995.