Paul Hurley '69
- A high-scoring defenseman who blazing drives from the blueline earned him the nickname "The Shot".
- Was an All-America, All-East, and All-New England selection as a senior and also won Boston College's Norman F. Dailey Award as the team's Most Valuable Player.
- Scored 132 career points, including six career three- goal "Hat Tricks", a Boston College record at the time.
- Was a member of the United States Olympic Hockey Team at the 1968 Olympics in Grenoble, France.
- After graduation, he played professional hockey for the Boston Bruins, New England Whalers, Edmonton Oilers, and Calgary Flames.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1993.