Track and Field
Tom Horton '80
- One of the top middle distance runners in Eagle track
history, he set a Boston College record in the indoor
mile (4:04.6) in 1980 and anchored the BC outdoor
distance medley relay team to another school
standard (9:48.6) in 1979. His performances in the
800-meter indoor run (1:50.6), 1000-meter indoor
(2:23.3), 800-meter outdoor (1:49.38) and 1500-
meter outdoor (3:47.2) are among the school's best
in each event.
- Qualified for the NCAA championships in three
events: 800-meters, 1000-meters and mile.
- A member of BC's Millrose Games Two-Mile Relay
Champions in 1979; team captain in 1980.
- Winner of the 1980 Nathaniel J. Hasenfus "Eagle of
the Year" Award as the outstanding male athlete in
his graduating class.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic
Hall of Fame in 2004.