Track and Field
Phil Hazard '78
- One of the premier sprinters ever to represent Boston
College on the track, he earned regional and national
acclaim during his record-setting varsity career.
- Four-Time Greater Boston Indoor Spring Champion and three-
time New England 100-yard sprint king, he set the Boston
College 55-yard indoor sprint record with a blazing 6.28
- On four occasions he qualified for the NCAA Championships,
competing in the Indoor 55, Indoor 60, and Outdoor 200-meter
- Ran the third leg for Boston College's Sprint Medley Relay
team which won the American championship in this event at
the 1976 Penn Relays.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1988.