| Sarah Egnaczyk Hasselbeck
Sarah Egnaczyk Hasselbeck '97
- An All-America goalkeeper, she established Boston College
career records in wins (41), saves (659), and shutouts (19).
- Winner of the 1997 Nathaniel J. Hasenfus "Eagle of the Year"
Award as the outstanding female student-athlete in her
- 1993 Boston Four "Rookie of the Year"; 1994 BIG EAST
Tournament MVP; 1995 and 1996 BIG EAST All-Star Team; 1995
and 1996 All-America Teams; team captain in her junior and
- Her outstanding play helped BC win the 1994 BIG EAST
Championship and advance to the "Elite Eight" of the NCAA
Championship Tournament, the school's first national field
hockey tourney appearance.
- Selected to play for the U.S. Junior National Team (1994,
1995); U.S. Olympic Festival (1995) and was an Alternate for
the 1997 U.S. National Team.
- An excellent student as well as athlete, she was awarded an
NCAA post-graduate scholarship.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 2002.