- The captain of the 1957-58 Eagles, BC's first team to make
the NCAA Tournament, Harrington was a great rebounder and
defender. Although he was just 6-foot, 3-inches tall, he was
the tallest player on the 1957-58 squad that finished with a
16-5 record and fell to Maryland in the NCAA Tournament.
- Harrington's best offensive season was his sophomore year,
when he led the team in scoring at just under 10 points per
- Defensively, he matched up with the opponent's biggest
player, making up for his lack of size with great instincts
and aggressive play.
- The heart shown by this Eagle on the basketball court later
carried over onto the battlefield, where Harrington served
as a Navy SEAL after leaving the Heights.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1992.