Scott Gieselman '85
- A big and steadfast target at tight end, this three-year starter was a vital part of the lightning-like passing attack of the nationally-ranked Eagle teams of the mid-1980s.
- He emerged among Boston College's all-time leading pass-catchers with 120 career receptions, 1,485 yards and 10 touchdowns during his superb varsity career. The Eagles qualified for three post-season games (1982 Tangerine, 1983 Liberty and 1985 Cotton Bowls) and twice (1983, 1984) won the coveted Lambert Trophy as Eastern Football Champions.
- Three-time honoree as an All-East and All-ECAC tight end.
- Following graduation, he was selected by the New England Patriots in the 1986 NFL draft.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 2011.