John Garris '83
- Garris came to the Eagles after two years at Michigan, and became an instrumental part of the 1981-82 and 1982-83 NCAA Tournament squads. In his two seasons at the Heights, this rugged 6-8 forward helped BC to an impressive 47-17 record.
- Known as a big-game performer, Garris was named to the 1982 NCAA Tournament's All-Tourney team after contributing to the Eagles' upset of second-ranked DePaul and appearance in the Elite Eight.
- Garris' finest NCAA performance, however, may have come the following year, when he registered 25 points and 12 rebounds against Ralph Sampson in a hard-fought 95-92 loss to Virginia.
- Averaged 19.7 points per game as a senior, and went on to play for the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 1996.