John Garris '83
- Garris came to the Eagles after two years at Michigan, and
became an instrumental part of the 1981-82 and 1982-83 NCAA
Tournament squads. In his two seasons at the Heights, this
rugged 6-8 forward helped BC to an impressive 47-17 record.
- Known as a big-game performer, Garris was named to the 1982
NCAA Tournament's All-Tourney team after contributing to the
Eagles' upset of second-ranked DePaul and appearance in the
- Garris' finest NCAA performance, however, may have come the
following year, when he registered 25 points and 12 rebounds
against Ralph Sampson in a hard-fought 95-92 loss to
- Averaged 19.7 points per game as a senior, and went
on to play for the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1996.