John Cunniff '66
- A dominant scorer, his 71 goals and 82 assists in just 75
games established a Boston College career point record. His
67 points in 1966-67 was best in the nation, and helped the
Eagles reach the NCAA Championship finals.
- Twice won All-America honors and was a three-time All-East
selection. He was twice named Most Valuable Player in the
Beanpot Tournament (1964 and 1965) and was named to the All-
Time Boston Garden Beanpot Tournament Team.
- A member of the U.S. Olympic Hockey Team that played in the
1968 Winter Games in Grenoble.
- Enjoyed a successful professional playing career with the
Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, and New England Whalers,
and also served as head coach of the NHL's New Jersey
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1978.