John S. Cooper '82
- A highly-skilled two-sport athlete, he handled punting
and placekicking chores for the Boston College football
team and was a valuable pitcher for the Eagle baseball
- Scored 161 career points on 33 field goals and 62
extra-point kicks; had three FGs in a game three times
during the 1980 season.
- Booted the longest punt in BC history with a 77-yarder
vs. Holy Cross in 1980. That booming kick helped him
win the O'Melia Award as the BC-HC game's
outstanding player. His 257 career punts set another
- Won the Nathaniel J. Hasenfus "Eagle of the Year"
Award as the outstanding male athlete in his
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic
Hall of Fame in 2005.