Track and Field, Cross-Country
John Clopeck '87
- The first Boston College athlete to achieve All-America
honors in cross-country.
- His record-setting performances on the 10,000-meter (30:44)
and 5-mile (24:06) courses boosted the Eagles to the 1984
Greater Boston and New England Championships. This team was
the first Boston College cross-country squad to qualify for
the NCAA Championship Meet.
- As a senior co-captain of cross-country in 1985, he became
BC's first BIG EAST individual champion, earning All-
Conference, All-New England, and All-East honors.
- In indoor track, he established Boston College records in
four events: 1500-meters (3:47), 3000-meters (8:05), 2-mile
(8:46.3), and 5000 meters (14:11.3). He was also a member of
the record-setting 4x1 mile relay team (17:15).
- In outdoor track, he set a school record in the 5,000-meter
run (13:53), earning All-East and All-America honors in this
event as well.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1994.