Anthony "Al" Cannava '50
- One of the greatest Eagle running backs of the 1940's, he
averaged more than five yards per carry in his dynamic
- Named winner of the O'Melia Award as outstanding player in
the 1949 BC-Holy Cross game, rushing for 229 yards to lead
the Eagles to victory.
- New England football writers selected him the outstanding
player in the region in his senior year.
- Was the starting running back for the North squad in the
1949 North-South All-Star game and after graduation, he
played professional football with the NFL's Green Bay
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1984.