- Led the men's cross country team to an 11th-place finish at the 1984 NCAA Championship.
- Qualified as an individual for both the 1981 and 1982 NCAA Championships in cross country, which was the first time a BC runner earned an individual spot at the championship.
- Two-time BIG EAST Conference champion in the indoor and outdoor 5,000-meter run, both of which happened in 1982.
- Two-time New England champion in the indoor 5,000-meter run and the outdoor 10,000-meter run, both of which happened in 1982.
- Six-time All-BIG EAST Conference selection and 11-time All- New England honoree.
- Qualified for the United States Olympic Trials in 1988 and 1992.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 2001.