Joe Augustine '79
- A stalwart defenseman who combined offensive skills with a dauting physical presence. In three varsity seasons, he scored 27 goals and 77 assists, one of the few Boston College blueliners to eclipse 100 career points.
- During his varsity career, the Eagles won 73 games, captured the Beanpot (1976) and ECAC (1978) Championships and advanced to the Finals of the 1978 NCAA Championship Tournament.
- He was a member of the U.S. National Junior Team and later played six professional seasons in the Calgary Flames, New York Rangers and New Jersey Devils organizations.
- After retiring from the NHL, he coached at the high school and college levels and is the long-serving and successful head coach at the University of Rhode Island.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall of Fame in 2005.