Vito Ananis '40
- A steady and productive running back, he was a key member of
the 1939 football team that won nine of 10 regular season
games and earned Boston College's first post-season
invitation: the 1940 Cotton Bowl.
- He scored 12 touchdowns in his senior season, the second
highest of any Eastern player. He was named All-East and All-
America for his excellent play.
- He was a member of the College All-Star team that defeated
the New York Giants in 1940 and later played professional
football with the Boston Bears and Washington Redskins.
- After his playing career, he was a highly-successful
secondary school coach of both football and basketball.
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1988.