Steve Adelman '68
- This sweet-shooting forward was the leading scorer on Bob
Cousy's NCAA and NIT teams that went a combined 62-16 during
his varsity career (1965-68).
- Adelman was known as a pure scorer with the confidence to
shoot in any situation. He averaged 18.9 points per game for
the 1966-67 team that finished with BC's best record ever
- Adelman helped the Eagles give eventual national champion
UCLA its closest contest of the 1966-67 season, before
bowing 84-77 to the Bruins at Madison Square Garden. He
earned All-America third-team honors as a senior, as well as
NIT all-star honors that same year.
- Adelman, who finished with a career scoring average of 17.2
points per game, was drafted by the Baltimore Bullets of the
- Inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club Athletic Hall
of Fame in 1985.