Eligibility for Practice and Competition
All student-athletes must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for practice and competition:
- Eligibility Meeting-80-minute PowerPoint discussion of the NCAA, conference, and institutional rules, regulations, and policies. Paperwork must be filled out accurately and completely.
- NCAA Initial Eligibility Center certification (freshmen only).
- NCAA International Form completed and verified (international students only).
- Sports Medicine
- Physical from a Boston College Physician.
- Insurance Paperwork.
- Pre-entrance Physical.
- Health Questionnaire.
- Registered full time.
- The Compliance Office works with the Faculty Athletics Representative, Learning Resources for Student-Athletes, and the Registrar, in order to make sure that each student-athlete is making progress toward their degree.
- Financial Aid
- The Compliance Office must also work with Financial Aid with regard to all athletic scholarships, institutional aid, and outside aid, to determine whether everything is OK from a permissibility and limitation standpoint.
Boston College's Compliance Staff Reminds You To: "ASK BEFORE YOU ACT!"
Associate Athletics Director - Compliance
Associate Director for Compliance and Eligibility
Assistant Director - Compliance & Recruiting
(617) 552-8786 (Fax)