Rotating imageThree
SEND MARK HERZLICH A MESSAGE

Would you like to send Mark a word of encouragement? Post your message here.

Bill from Attleboro: Mark, I am looking forward to watching you play again.

Jamie (Minneapolis): Hi Mark, I know you don't know me but I am a young adult cancer survivor. When I was diagnosed with cancer at 22, I was completly shocked and unsure what to do. Through the support of family and friends I have come out of this stronger than I was before. I also recommend that you log into planetcancer.com. It's for young adults with cancer and it has helped me. You are in my thoughts - good luck. Jamie

Justin from Bradenton: Hey Mark My mom has just beating breast cancer.I know You can beat your cancer.I Meet you at the ACC Championship Game last year.You are my favorite Football Player. Good Luck

Tim Roche Wells Me: Mark I am a football coach in Maine and season ticket holder My 14 year old son and I came down to the spring game because he wanted to meet you. You couldnt have been a better role model. I want to thank you for that. You are now going to be an even bigger role model through your perserverance and determination to overcome and beat this terrible disease. I wish you the best and look forward to seeing you again. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Jim (Phoenix): Mark, our prayers are with you and your family.

Holliston MA: Mark, From the moment we first heard you speak on the panel for incoming freshman football players' families, we knew you were special and that you were a star. The entire US is stunned by this news but we know you will be back on the field asap! We send you and your family our love. The Stones

Sean Noth Woodstock , Ga: Mark, If there is anyone who can beat this diease " YOU CAN " I believe in heart that you are Champion and a Victor and not a victim. God Bless you and My prayers are with you...

Dee: Yoy are in my prayers,and thoughts,as my husband and I recently found out that he has mouth cancer in stage 4 that we are battleing, he has chemo once every 2weeks and radiation every day, we are in week four and he just started losing hair but he also a lot older then you so I pray and hopr for the best for you and remember every body has you in thier prayers. God Bless and good luck.The Daniels Family

Fernando (Houston, TX): Hey Mark, this is a BC alumnus from Houston letting you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. I have complete faith that you will fight this and WILL beat this cancer.

Adam (Plymouth): Mark, your determination on the field was unmatched by any BC player I have had the privilege of watching. If anyone can overcome this, it is you. The entire BC community is praying for you and will be here to support during this fight and after you defeat this disease. Stay strong #94

Teddy (Villanova, PA): Mark, You not only make your hometown feel proud but you inspire us. You can and will beat this. We will be praying for you.

Dean Newtown, CT: Mark, I'm 13 and I met you at the ACC championship game last year. You were also nice enough to stop and pose for a picture with me. I just wanted to say thank you and good luck. I'm sure you'll make it because you are incredible. the Lindquist Family.

Bill (Raleigh): Good luck & may God Bless you and your family...

Pat Weymouth, Ma: Mark, My 6 yr old grandson, Harrison just diagnosed 4 weeks ago. Boston Childrens Hosp. treating him to cure. You will be cured also. You are in our prayers.

Dillon Lahey Rye New York: hey man i am so sorry about this hope you still have our autograph. Good Luck Man

Dana (Waltham, MA): Mark you are a true hero on and off the field. You have a fire deep inside unlike any other college football player. I know you will use that to fight and conquer this battle. We look forward to seeing you back on the field. Much love and encouragement. You are awesome!

Ben Newton, Ma: Good luck with your treatment and have a healthy and speedy recovery

Freeport, NY: I dont know you and I never heard of you. But may God Bless you, I heard your story and have been moved to tears. My mother is finishing kimo for breast cancer of which she is free of and I hope I have many more years with her. Remeber to be stong, and again, may God Bless You and your loved ones

Anonymous (BC): Mark, the body is not representative of true strength; the heart is. As little as I know about you, I know you can beat this. You are the meaning of true heart. We are with you for anything you need.

Jill Boston College: Mark we love you so much. You are in my prayers and so is your family. May God continue to strengthen you and bless you tremendously. Your Eagles are steady rooting for you. :)

Nasim (Houston): Mark, I know it is a hard battle, But I know you have the power to defeat it. I will pray for you and I believe in you.

tom (crystal lake, il): Mark may God hold you in the palm of his hand and comfort you in your time of need.

george 63: Mark You will be in my prayers. With your spirit and personal drive you will win this game. George '63

Carol (Hialeah): I am sure that God will be with you and he will heal you we are all praying for you and your family now and for all time. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE NOW AND FOR ALL TIME AS I AM SURE HE WILL!!!

Julie Johnson: Mark, Keep your positive attitude and fighting spirit. You will beat this if it is in God's will. Ask Him for healing and then believe that His will, will be done in your life. You are awesome and thank you for sharing your life with your fans!

Melinda - San Diego, CA: Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Shirley from Grand Haven,Mi: Just keep thinking positive and praying and I'll keep praying for you.God Bless you.

Larisa Thompson (Bolingbrook, IL): I ama survivor of a Ewing Sarcoma if i could give you one thing of advice get up out the bed and push yourself pass your limits and keep a good attitude you will make it my prayers are with you

Dan (MA): You can triumph over anything. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family as you fight this battle.

DWAYNE(ALABAMA): MARK,GIVE IT ALL TO JESUS,BECAUSE HE DID IT ALL AT THE CROSS!!!

Brian (BC): Good Luck Mark, everyone here is behind you keep your head up and that ferocious focus in everything you do.

Steve (State College): Best of luck, Mark. We Nittany Lions are pulling for you. Keep faith in yourself and God.

Rastaman - Albuquerque: Greetings Mark, I'm sorry to hear of your Cancer. You should seriously look into the work of Rick Simpson of Nova Scotia, Canada. He has successfully cured over 1500 of many types of Cancers, plus MS, Diabetes, Arthritis and many other health problems with God's medicinal gift to mankind, Hemp. See his film, Run from the Cure at http://www.phoenixtearsmovie.com and his website, http://www.phoenixtears.ca the Cure is here and it cannot be hidden anymore! Blessings on your healing journey Mark

nick, cleveland: Goodluck, Many prayers are with you! GOD BLESS

Mark from Uniontown, PA: I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes.

The Webbs Palm City, FL: Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong and believe that God will get you through this. God Bless The Webb Family Palm City, Fl

Mark from Uniontown, PA: Stay strong and believe in the power of prayer.

Fred Doyle (Quincy): Come on man, you can fight this.

Dave (NJ): Hey, man--I am a classmate of yours at BC, and I'll be thinking of you a lot in the coming months. Good luck with everything, mate. Best wishes.

Jennifer Clearwater, FL: Mark, God bless you and your family at this time. My prayers will be with you and I will be waiting your return.

US Army Alum: Mark, Keep your head up and your friends close. You'll make it back.

The Wells Family: God Bless Stay strong You are a HERO to our boys Douglas, Alec and of course Trevor!!

Washingon, DC: Mark, no matter what you read about the disease/treatments or whatever the doctors may tell you, believe in yourself. You have a loving family supporting you and the entire BC community is praying for you. I know you can beat this cancer and hopefully when I go back to campus for a visit, I'll be able to say hello to you in person. Stay strong!!!

bill howell, nj: may god bless you and your family during this battle. as an ex eagle i have been so impressed with you as an athlete but more so as a person! be strong, we are pulling for you!!!

Dan (Malden, MA): Mark, We've never met but yet I feel like you're a part of my Saturday family. God bless you and good luck with the treatment. Your fire and passion on the field is unmatched, and if you put 1/10th of that into life, cancer doesn't stand a chance. God bless

Paul Scarsdale NY: Mark, be confident of the fact that you have the thoughts and prayers of the entire BCEagle nation behind you during this troublimg time. God bless you!

Brenda [Connecticut]: Mark: My prayers will be with you during this difficult time in your young life..You will beat this cancer..God Bless and keep you..safe..Now and Forevermore. God Bless your entire family..

Ryan (Burlington): Get better Mark! Your loss is a huge blow to the linebacking core of the Eagles! Get better!

Sharon (Chattanooga, TN): Hey Mark, Hang in there bud! Look forward to hearing that you are cancer free.

ramsey: Proverbs 5:5-6

Will (Avon): Mark, we are all praying for you and wishing you well. You will beat this disease and will once again terrorize quarterbacks all over the world!

Rick - Framingham, MA, BC '00: Go get it, Mark. You are the next level of inspiration -- all the best.

Niki (East Lansing, MI): You are in our prayers and thoughts. You have always been a fighter and may that strength continue to guide you through this.

Danielle (BC): My thoughts and prayers are with you during this tough time. I know that you have the power and strength to overcome this disease. You are my favorite football player and I looked forward to all the BC games to watch you play. You will fight this and win, all the best.

Jersey Joe: You WILL overcome this with your faith, family and prayers. Persevere. Jimmy V said it best -- NEVER GIVE UP; DON'T EVER GIVE UP!

Dave - Blacksburg, VA: Mark, I am a Hokie through and through. But regardless of our affiliations, we're all people first. I will keep you in my prayers. Hit this cancer with the same intensity I've watched you hit opposing players, and it won't stand a chance. You can do it. God bless.

james worcester: Hey Mark Hope u get better soon. Looking forward to seeing you in the field soon!!! You are a winner and will win this fight too!!!!

Lizzy Ploen (BC Softball): Mark, Your presence will be missed on campus. Fight this with all you have so you can come back to us.

Steve Richmond va.: Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Dan (Durham, NC): Mark: loved watching you play - your pick 6 against Wake last year one of the best plays I've ever seen. If anyone can do this, it's you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Go get it!

Pat Port Jefferson, NY: Mark, You are a strong young man and a role model to all. I know the tenacity you bring to the field will be the same you bring to this fight. You are in everyone thoughts and prayers. I wish you well.

Jake (Tulsa): Mark you exemplify what it means to be an Ealge better than anyone on campus. Keep that fire in your heart and know that all of us here at BC will be praying for you.

WZBC Sports (Chestnut Hill): Get well soon, Mark. Here's hoping to get the chance to call your name this fall.

Dave (BC): Mark, reading this news literally brought me to tears. I know you are a great football player and an even better man. No one should ever have to suffer through this terrible disease. BUT this disease picked the wrong person to mess with, I know you are going to destroy this disease. You are in my thoughts and prayers. KICK ITS ASS MARK!

Dave (BC): Mark, reading this news literally brought me to tears. I know you are a great football player and an even better man. No one should ever have to suffer through this terrible disease. BUT this disease picked the wrong person to mess with, I know you are going to destroy this disease. You are in my thoughts and prayers. KICK ITS ASS MARK!

Nick (Chestnut Hill): Mark, please sack this thing like you do opposing QBs. This kind of stuff puts things in perspective, that football, while awesome, means nothing in the large scale. Kick this things ass and come back for our National title run in 2010! (But really don't worry about football, just make sure you beat this darn thing)

John D (New York): Mark... good luck fighting this terrible disease, my prayers are with you and your family during this tough time. i wish you a full recovery and hope to see you playing on saturdays again, BC football wouldnt be the same without you...

Rob (Nashville, TN): Mark, You WILL beat this fight the fight my friend you are in my prayers!

brandon (baton rouge,la): keep the faith and be the fighter you are and this cancer has no chance

Bancrofts, Bryn Mawr, PA: Our son, Andrew, just finished his freshman year at BC and we had season tickets. Loved watching you get the crowd going before the game and watching you play. Use that same strength to fight this fight. God Bless you!

Brian '06 (NJ): keep strong chief

David - Clemson, SC: Best of luck and God's speed to recovery. Our prayers are with you.

Dan S. (Austin, TX: Don't give up, don't ever give up.... Stay Strong. I'm pulling for you!!

Bruce: Mark, my prayers go out to you and your family. I know you have the strength and will to overcome this.

Bob (Denver): We're thinking of you Mark. Fight it hard and be strong. Prayers to you and your family.

Ray: Mark, you will be well again. My dear wife has ovarian cancer removed 4/23, and begins chemo late May. I'll be praying for her and especially for you my friend! May God Bless. Ray

Ray: Mark, you will be well. My dear wife has ovarian cancer, and begins chemo soon. I'll be praying for her and for you as well as others with cancer! YOU CAN WIN THIS BATTLE!

Ray: Mark, my dear wife begins chemo with ovarian cancer. I'll be praying, knowing that both of you will win this battle. No other choice, my friend!

Ray (Houston):: Mark, my wife begins chemo for ovarian cancer soon. I have no doubt that the future has both you and her in it! Be strong! Ray

Ray: Mark, as my wife begins chemo, I know the future includes the both of you! I'll be praying for you! Ray

John (BC 07): As a long time BC fan, I count you among my favorites. It has been an honor to watch you play the game with such tenacity and passion. I look forward to seeing #94 back on the field soon. Good luck with your fight, you can do it. EVER TO EXCEL

Margaret (BC'91): Your news broke my heart, but now is the time to be strong - you are an EAGLE! We are all pulling for you and praying for you. See you on the football field!

BC HOOPS: Mark - our team and staff are wishing you the best! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...see you back on the field soon! GO BC! -Coach Mo

Sean: Mark, You CAN do this. Know that you're in our deepest prayers and please let God's love be a source of strength for you during this difficult time. God bless.

Keith (Cleveland): Hang in there, Mark. Refusal to lose the battle is 90% of why my uncle is still with us and going stronger than ever 6 years after being diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. We will see you out on that field wearing the Maroon & Gold in 2010!!!!

Chris (Chicago): I was sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Unlike most fans on this site, I hate BC. This is mostly because you break our hearts every year at Notre Dame. However, we put this rivalry aside and we Domers pledge solidarity with you during your treatment and recovery. We will pray for you, including my prayers to Blessed Mother at our parish Adoration Chapel last night. I am looking forward to seeing you in South Bend on October 24. Best Wishes!

Colleen (NJ): #94: Blacken those eyes, suit up and fight this cancer with all the fire and spunk you show on that football field. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God Bless you Mark!

Stephanie (Raynham, MA; BC '07): Mark, you lead the Eagles out on the field and rally the team the entire game. Trust me, the whole country is cheering even louder for you now! Good luck and tackle this cancer the same way you do the opposing players...if you do that, it won't have a chance!

Ray (Windsor,CT): Mark - my family will be praying for your full recovery.

Joe Ippolito Bradford, MA: Mark, you epitomize what Boston College athletics are all about. You make Eagles everywhere proud, Good luck and God Bless you!

BCMike (Atlanta, GA): Herzy, we're all pulling for you. Kick this cancer's arse!!

Jeff (Atlanta): Mark, our prayers are with you. I take care of many young patietns with life altering medical problems. Their attitudes are their greates asset. I have no doubt your drive, perseverence and family support will get you through this with flying colors to successes in life you never imagined!

Mark (NY): Mark, you will beat this! Be strong and know that BC nation is behind you all the way. Keep fighting and fight as hard as you can.

Bobby(Fayetteville,Ar): My prayers are with you, Your passion for the game is like no other. You WILL beat this!

Loren (State College, PA): All of Penn State is thinking of you and behind you Mark. Strong and victorious in the end.

paul (filipino from dubai): i dont really know u at all. i dont watch football. but i will definitely include u in my prayers! i guess u are a strong man, u will definitely win this battle! get well soon!

Mike (Madison, CT): Hey Mark, I was absolutely devasted when I heard the news, I have a similar condition in my pelvis and you are my inspiration, Good Luck

Mr. Kim (Conestoga High): I am praying for you and your family. Be STRONG! I know you will beat this!

Doug BC74: Tough times don't last but tough people do...will be in the stands when you lead the team on to the field in the fall

Wesley (Huntsville,AL): I will keep you in my prayers

NYC: Mark, My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will beat this!!

Jon (NJ): Mark - keep the faith. You will overcome this.

Bill Geiser (Dallas, TX): Mark - we're all behind you...keep the faith & stay positive. You will beat this.

RA from Melrose, MA: Mark, Stay strong, stay positive, and beat this thing. You and your family will be in our prayers. Thank you for being such a great representative of Boston College.

McCABE FAMILY, Weston, MA: EAGLES FLY HIGH, MARK!! We know you're going to beat this and be back here soon! You GO, Boy! Stay strong and we're all praying for you. GO EAGLES! Go #94!

Rocco123 (TA): Mark, You and your farther who I briefly met at the ACC Championship game in Jacksonville are truly what all affiliated with BC should strive to be. You’re a leader, a fighter, humble and respectful. The BC community is grateful that you came to us. There is no question in my mind that with the love of God, the support of your family and your unmatched intestinal fortitude that you win this battle. God has plans for you and the defeat of this disease will be just one more badge for you to wear as you go about doing the great things that are planned. I truly believe that you’re teammates will play out of their minds this year in your honor. Get well quickly as many will miss you and all pray for you.

Rocco123: Mark, You and your farther who I briefly met at the ACC Championship game in Jacksonville are truly what all affiliated with BC should strive to be. You’re a leader, a fighter, humble and respectful. The BC community is grateful that you came to us. There is no question in my mind that with the love of God, the support of your family and your unmatched intestinal fortitude that you win this battle. God has plans for you and the defeat of this disease will be just one more badge for you to wear as you go about doing the great things that are planned. I truly believe that you’re teammates will play out of their minds this year in your honor. Get well quickly as many will miss you and all pray for you.

Rocco123: Mark, You and your farther who I briefly met at the ACC Championship game in Jacksonville are truly what all affiliated with BC should strive to be. You’re a leader, a fighter, humble and respectful. The BC community is grateful that you came to us. There is no question in my mind that with the love of God, the support of your family and your unmatched intestinal fortitude that you win this battle. God has plans for you and the defeat of this disease will be just one more badge for you to wear as you go about doing the great things that are planned. I truly believe that you’re teammates will play out of their minds this year in your honor. Get well quickly as many will miss you and all pray for you.

Coach Cox Waycross Firebirds: You are the mightiest of warriors! Channel all your energy into you new opponent and this too will suffer a crushing defeat to the great Champion!

Lilly (Fort Worth, TX): My thoughts and prayers are with you! I was just 19 when I was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma in my arm in 2005. It is not an easy battle to face but with support, encouragement and a positive attitude I know you will make it through. There is a community of young cancer survivors online www.planetcancer.org and if you ever need to talk to someone else who can relate to what you're going through that's a great place to go. Best Wishes and kick cancer's butt!

John (Somerville, MA): Thoughts and prayers with you. Good luck fighting and beating this thing.

Eric, Somerville: Mark you are a true warrior and you will beat this awful disease with the same toughness and determination you show on the gridiron! Keep strong, keep the faith and tackle this challenge with the same ferocity you show to ACC tailbacks. You are the true embodiment of a student athlete and you should always keep your head high for that reason. You are an inspiration to many and I look forward to seeing you beat this awful disease. Best wishes for a fast and full recovery.

Trace Kimler (Hendersonville,TN): Hi, Mark. My name is Trace and I am a 13 year old hockey player battling Ewing's with lung mets. I am on my 9th round of 14 rounds of chemo and I had my left scapula removed in March. I am back to playing hockey. You can beat this just like me! Goodluck! trackingtrace.wordpress.com

Marc (Jupiter): Our prayers are with you Mark. You and your dad are beloved members of the BC family. We're with you as you fight through this battle. And we'll be here with you to celebrate after you've beaten it. Stay strong, and best wishes.

John (Clemson): Mark, Clemson fan here wishing for you speedy recovery. Hope to see you in the Valley this year!

Jay (LA): Get better, Mark.

joseys josph decatur: i hope that cancer does not stop you from being a hero never never give up.

BDS & CBS (MD): Mark, our thoughts & prayers are with you. We look forward to seeing this on the long list of opponents that you have defeated.

Sam (Chestnut Hill): Best of Luck Mark- I know you will beat this- my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Kevin (Los Angeles): Mark, BC fans across the country are pulling for you. We're all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers

charlotte: Best of luck to you from an Notre Dame fan. Hopefully you'll be on the field when you guys make the visit to ND.

Frank, N.J.: As with many others, you are in our prayers and we will be thinking of you and supporting you in the upcoming months.

BC70-Detroit: Mark: I, along with all former BC players will pray for you daily & ask the Lord for a complete & speedy recovery.

HGMCG '84: My prayers and support are with you and your family. I look forward to seeing on the feild again leading the team as you have so well.

Kevin (New York NY): BC alum here wishing you and your family all the best to beat this thing. Our prayers will be with you. Looking forward to seeing you back in uniform.

Alex (Wayne, PA): Mark, I know you'll kick its ass. Thoughts and prayers from everyone in the BC family.

John (Boston): Best wishes to you Mark. The game of life is so much more important than the game of football. Take your time getting better. I'm sure you'll soon be wearing the face paint again. Thoughts and prayers.

Flutie, Natick: Mark we are here for you. Call us for anything. You are in our prayers, we love you.

BCFAN93 - Hudson, NH: Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Our prayers are with you and your family as you fight this battle. You are a pleasure to watch on the Football field. Know that all Fans are pulling for you.

Jan - Alabama: Best of luck young man. I have heard that Ewing's is usually found in juveniles. That makes St. Judes the place to check into. I have heard that the treatment using stem cells from family members is doing wonders. Please check it out.

Mike (BC): Best of luck for a full recovery. You are a true representative of a first rate student-athlete.

Jeff: Pulling for you, Herzy.

Amy, Providence RI: Stay strong Mark, everyone's thoughts & prayers are with you...

Charlie (Charleston): Mark know that you will be in my prayers throughout this difficult time. No matter what happens, you will always be a champion and a winner! Beat this!

Joe (Auburn, Ma.): Mark, my thoughts and prays are with you. Stay strong and never doubt the power of prayer.

Dave (Denver): Go get it '94! Looking forward to seeing you back on the field after beating this disease. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Marie (Wayne, PA): Stay strong and know that everyone is praying for you. We know you can beat this and get back on the field...

Stephen Fort Worth: We are praying for you daily on the Scout BC Insiders at 3PM. We BC GUYS are with you always as is Jesus Christ. 1974

Bill, Orlando, FL: Mark, Wishing you God's Blessings upon you for a FULL and SPEEDY recovery and peace and strength for your family. You will beat this.

Dave, chelmsford, MA: As your play on-field demonstrates, you rise to occasions of greatest challenge. So many thoughts and parayers accompany you against this, your greatest adversary!

Steve (Andover, MA): The excellence of your character, amazing play, and intense effort and spirit have always made me, and every Eagle fan, extremely proud to count you as one of ours. I look forward to the day that I know will come when we stand together and welcome you back to Alumni Stadium. Best wishes to you in the fight ahead. We are with you.

Dan (Philadelphia): Praying for you. Get well man.

Nick (Possum Capital of the South): May the Good Lord look after you as you fight this thing. GET EM!

Kelly (Ann Arbor, MI): God bless and take care Mark. Your character will undoubtedly take you a long way in this challenge. We are so, so lucky that you are an Eagle!

Tom (Scranton, PA): Stay strong, you will beat this.

Mark (VA): Another BC fan supports you. Go Eagles #94.

Tom Dostal Livonia MI: Mark- I recently was given a clean bill of health after a year long battle with Ewings. I know you can do it!

Paul, Rowayton, CT: Our thoughts and prayers are with you Mark, have faith in our Lord and He will give you the strength to get through this.

Drake7Hokie (Blacksburg, Va): You are in the thoughts & prayers of the Hokie Nation. Get well & we wish you a speedy recovery.

Kevin Ashand,MA: Mar, I've been waiting for the start of the season since the end of the last one but now that doesnt even matter anymore. All that matters s you getting better. My thoughts and prayers are with you and cant wait to see you back on the field.

Los (Natick): You will beat this, Mark. Our prayers are with you.

Julie (MA): Mark You have gotten the better of every opponent that you have ever faced. I have faith that this will be the case in your next battle. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

John (Memphis): Mark you will beat this, God bless you!

Mark (Woodstock, VT): You have given us so much to feel good about while at BC. Now it's our turn. My daughter enjoyed her first games last year and loved meeting you at the spring game. She's now thinking of going to BC. Her comment when I told her about your diagnosis was "Well we are going to win. We do not lose." What else does anyone need to know?

Ryan (Brighton): Best of luck Herz.

Matt (Chicago): Hey Mark, just wanted to give you my support. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the field one day again, stay strong!

Stephen Fort Worth Texas: We will be praying for you daily on the BC Scout Insiders at 3PM. Jesus Christ is with you always. We BC Guys and Gals are with you always too!

Brian (Boston): It's a long road ahead but you'll pull through even stronger than before...I wish you all the best

Adam(Fall River): Hey Mark good luck with this Im sure youll get through this your in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting it and never give up.

Kevin - Richmond, VA: Mark, What made you a winner on and off the field will help you win this battle too. And the entire BC community is behind you with our thoughts and prayers.

Chris (New York): Mark, you will fight this and you will beat it. When things get tough, know that you have the support and wishes of everyone in the BC family. I don't live in Boston anymore, but I will be there the next time you put on #94 in Alumni.

brian, jacksonville,fl: God bless and i know you will recover and live your life fully.

Allen [Concord]: God bless you and get well soon

Marcia Albany Ny: As BC season ticket holders, my family has enjoyed watching you play with great determination and strength. We know you will overcome anything that gets in your way! Our prayers and thoughts will be with you daily. God Bless you!

Jerry (Kansas City, MO): Mark, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I have faith that you will recover fully. I can't wait to see you back on the field again! God bless you, #94.

Billy (Carver, MA): Mark, you will win this battle. I have no doubt, I know that with the family support you have, you will defeat this opponent.

BC 2010: As a BC Superfan, I have always admired your tenacity and grit on the field. As a cancer survivor, I know with that same winning attitude you can beat this and come out the other side a stronger person. The thoughts and prayers of myself and my family go out to you. You are already a survivor!

Zack (Watertown): Thank you Mark for being a great steward of Boston College football and its spirit. I know you are going to beat this and take it to the house like an errant Riley Skinner throw.

Owen age6 Bellwwod: you are my favorite player get well soon

BC Student 2010: As a BC Superfan I always admired your tenacity on the field. As a cancer survivor, I know with that same winning attitude you can beat this and come out a better person. My thoughts and prayers are with you all the way. You're already a survivor!

Tom (Denver): You're one tough guy. I'm betting on you.

Dave (Harrisburg, PA): Good Luck Mark. Keep battling.

Fabio (BC): Stay strong, Mark! With the help of your family and friends, you will beat this enemy!

Kevin, Boston: Mark - EagleNation is praying for you to beat this cancer, and God willing return to the football field!

Sean Marshall: Get better dog..From you BC family

Jane: Mark, I'm a BC season ticket holder praying every day that you will play again-and I know you will. God bless you!

Kevin (Fallston, Maryland): Stay Strong Mark! We're all behind you! Sack this cancer like it was Jimmy Clausen!

Hilton Head, SC: You are in my prayers..you will beat this..EPK Class of 1960

Bob '85 (BC Alum): Mark, thank you for efforts over the last three years. Your style of play is inspirational. If you put the dedication into your recovery that you have on the field, you will win. You will be in our family's prayers.

Gloria Gause (South Carolina): Mark I'm the mother of Deleon Gause and and I have watched you play with such determination and strength.We know that you going to use that same mind set to beat this cancer.Our prayers are with you and your family.

Dan: This tumor picked the wrong man to mess with. God Bless and get well soon Mark.

Valerie (North Attleboro): Mark, we are so shocked by this news. Know that you and your family are in our daily prayers. God Bless.

Kaley Sheridan (NA): Hi Mark, I'm Jerry Willette's cousin and i just wanted you to know our prayers are going out to you and we know you will beat this!!!!!!

Pat and Karl, Lexington, MA: Mark, above all else, your will and the grace of God will deliver you back to BC and then on to the pros. Believe.

Will (warner robins, GA): Best of luck man dealing with the cancer. I hope it works out for you. Best wishes to your family as well. The Gator Nation is praying for ya.

Jamie,Radford,VA: Good luck big fella in your fight. Best wishes from all Hokies across the country.

Brian (Emmaus): When I first heard this news it struck me pretty deep, and I don't even know you Mark. You seem like a great person, not only a great football player. My best wishes go out to you and your family. Whatever course of action you take, I hope it goes as easily and successfully as possible. My family and I hope you can overcome this and get to live a healthy life, and I hope this is the start of football's Lance Armstrong. I don't want to get too far ahead of anything, so for now, I hope you go through treatment and don't have to deal with this again. Good luck, take care of yourself and get better, and I hope your family stays strong through this, as I'm sure they will.

Guerin Family (Quincy): Good luck Herzy, you will win this battle too

Jeff (Dallas): You're a leader and the strongest guy on the BC team, I know you can fight it and pull through...our prayers are with you

Steve (Tallahassee): Mark, We all know you will beat this thing. Stay strong!

Mike (New York): It was such a pleasure watching you play last year. I really look forward to seeing you out there in the future.

Ric Union Missouri: My thoughts and prayers are with you Mark. I t has been a total joy watching you play at BC. Wishing you a full recovery and livwe out your dreams

Cindy (NJ): Mark, Keep your winning attitude and you will beat this. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless You.

Phil (Parsippany, NJ): Was a fan since they day you decomitted to UVA to become an eagle, and you have been a model BC guy ever since. I know you will beat this thing. God bless you and your family.

The Ford Family, Devon, PA: Mark - Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You are a fighter and we're all confident that you'll beat this! Sincerely, The Fords

Trese Ainsworth: Mark, Our thoughts and prayers are with you-- you will beat this with your usual strength and grace.

mike cinti, oh: mark, you can 94 this for yourself and help find the cure!!! God has huge plans for you!!!

Tom Heckel Darien, CT: Get well fast Mark. Our prayers are with you.

Dave (DC): Mark....I'd hate to be the cancer right now! Doesn't this tumor know who you are? It's about to find out!!

Brian (NYC): My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know you will bring the same intensity to this fight that you have on the field and end up victorious. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Chris (Whitman): as a season ticket holder i've had the pleasure of watching you on the field as a great player. my thoughts and prayers are with you...

Tom Heckel Darien, CT: Mark, just listened to your interview with Reece Davison ESPN. As a BC alum, parent of two BC alums, and a huge fan of yours, I am very proud that you are part of the BC family, and was so impressed with the courage you expressed in the interview. Please know that there are BC fans all over the world rooting for you, including this one.

Tom and Sue (Brighton): Our thoughts and prayers are with you - looking forward to seeing you on the field next year!

Rafi (Newton): Stay strong Mark, you're an inspiration to us all!

Ted (Boston): Mark, in my many years of watching BC football, I have never seen a better athlete or competitor than you. I wish you luck in this next of battles, and I know that you will face it with strength and courage. You will beat this, I have no doubt.

Pops (Ridgefield, CT): "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." GSP I know you will win this battle.

Carlos (Denver): Mark - Thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong and positive. Can't wait to see you recovered and on the field in the future.

Chris: get better, our thoughts and prayers are with you

Margaret Schatkin, Theology Dept.: Dear Mark,

Margaret Schatkin, Chestnut Hill: Dear Mark, You are in my prayers for a total recovery.

Margaret Schatkin, Theology Dept.: You are in my prayers for speedy recovery.

Chris (Chicago, IL): Stay strong. You're a brave young man with a tough battle ahead of you. You'll beat this and be an even more amazing human being after this set back. Good luck and God bless.

Jeff (BC '86, Shelton, CT): Mark, I hope that you make a speedy and full recovery. It has been a pleasure watching you on the field, and you have are a class act off the field. Eagle fans everywhere are proud to call you one of us. All the best.

Matt (Locust Valley, NY): Mark - You're an inspiration to all. Stay strong and know that our prayers are with you.

Tim (NY): Mark - the whole BC nation is pulling for you. We know you'll overcome this - and tackle it harder than any poor QB that's ever gotten in your way. You have thousands praying for you. Good luck.

D3 MA: Mark, Strong prayers daily for you.

Jeff (NH): Stay strong, 94. You've got BC on your side all across the nation.

Emily (BC!): Mark- On behalf of the entire BC community, you are in our thoughts and prayers. You'll beat this with the strength and determination with which you face football each and every time you step onto the field. You've got BC rooting for you all across the nation.

Mike (Watertown): Mark, visualize dominating the cancer just like you visualize dominating your opponents. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Phil Kennedy Grimes Iowa: Hey Mark- I am 27 and was diagnosed with testicular cancer at age 20 while I never missed a class when I was at Iowa State. I am 100% now and I know you are a tough young man mentally and obviously physically. You have to put your gameface on for treatments because it will be a battle. I know what it is like being overwhelmed at first and at the end of things when you will be healed up and have the hand down again you will be even more of a force to wreckin with. Good luck and god bless from Iowa..

Maddy BC 08 (Washington D.C): Keep fighting and never give up. Can't wait to see you out on the field again. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

McLaughlin's from Raleigh, NC: You are in our constant thoughts and prayers. Trusting the Lord for a complete and total healing and return to perfect health!

Newport, RI: God bless you and protect you until you get well. Life is long and this is hopefully just one small stop for you, Good luck and thank you for all the excitement you have given all of us!!!

Marc from Kingston, Ma: Mark, Take with you the same attitude you show on the football field. Your friends, family, and faith will get you through this. I just beat multiple myeloma for the second time and am currently in remission. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

ChrisB, (Jamaica Plain): Mark, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for representing our school with such class. Good luck with your treatment.

PJ(Williamsville NY): As a long time fan & season ticket holder, my thoughts and prayers are with you, stay strong

clancyfamily (plainfield, IL): we are praying for your complete healing. Thank you for the fine example of strength and courage on and off the field.

Heidi from Stoga: No question in my mind that you will beat this, Mark. Love you!

Matt: Mark I know you will come thru this all. I hope you can play again. All of BC is behind you.

steve '85 Providence: Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Looking forward to you playing at alumni soon.

Kevin (Raleigh, NC): Mark-I'm sorry to hear about your cancer and wish you the best in your upcoming fight against this awful disease. Everyone at Clemson wishes you a speedy recovery and hope that we can see you play football again. You are in my prayers and may God bless you.

riverdale: I hope you get better man GOD BLESS YOU .

Marie (BC'74, Mobile AL): Mark, our prayers are with you for a complete recovery.

Tina - Atlanta, GA: I know your physical and mental strength will be the catalyst for beating this dreadful disease. Add to it the thoughts and prayers going out to you and YOU WILL BEAT IT!

Greg (North Smithfield, RI): Mark, as a BC Alumnus, it has been an honor to watch you play for the Eagles. The challenge ahead is one I know you will prevail. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery!!

Tallahassee, FL: Hey, Mark...FSU seminoles behind you and looking forward to seeing you in the field in October. You will recover soon and God Bless !

Angel (CA): Good luck Mark we know you'll beat this, remember, life is 10% what happens and 90% how you respond.

MLCatFan (KY): We in the Big Blue Nation wish you a full and speedy recovery! Our football family has you in our thoughts and hopes that your treatment goes well so you can return to school and football soon.

The Lifords - KY: We're a family of UK football fans who want you to know that the Big Blue Nation is pulling for you! Sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Jerry Mags - Phila area: Mark, I am an ACC football official for the past 4 season. Our prayers go out to you and your family. See you in the fall.

The Bachelder's (CT & GA): Mark, We are praying for you. God Bless you and your family.

The Conway Family (Pelham,NY): Mark - The Conway Family knows that your strength and intensity will have you back to full health very soon. You are in our thoughts & prayers, looking forward to seeing you back in the maroon & gold real soon!

miami fl: from a miami hurricanes fan you will beat this cancer man im praying for you! be positive

Kyle (Stratham NH): Mark, I am an avid BC fan and watching you play has given me great joy over the years. I can honestly say that you were my favorite player to watch. Every Week you went full tilt to try and get a victory, I have faith that you will do the same in this situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go full tilt one more time.

Mary Kate (BC'12): I'm praying for you Mark! Can't wait to see you trounce Notre Dame again at Alumni with your warpaint on.

Spatola Family- Milton, MA: Mark, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Maintain your tenacious approach to this challenge and you will once again prevail. God bless you.

Greg and Sue - Salem, NH: Mark, taking the number 94 brought immediate attention to your play. Since your first play, we have watched that number literally all over the field. You have a non-stop motor on the field, keep that same motor going off the field and fight this. The Bushman says you are one of the toughest on the team, and if anyone can beat it, you can. Thanks for taking the time for a picture in Tampa! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jeff (Charleston): Mark, God works for the good of those who love Him.....God bless!

miami: from a miami hurricanes fan i know you will beat this cancer man you are in my prayers! stay positive!

Anindya (Hong Kong): Wish u a speedy recovery. Read "Its not about the bike" by Lance Armstrong. Keep smiling.

DC Eagles: Your heart and courage are an inspiration to us all. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we all look forward to seeing you on the field again. Godspeed.

Dan --Chicago: Mark, You are going to kick this thing. We are all pulling for you and wish you all the best.

John (New York, NY): Mark, I had thought you were inspiring as a player, but I now find you more inspiring as a man. Take care, get well, and we hope to see you on the field again soon. You are in all our thoughts and prayers, and I know that with your strength and courage, you'll make it through.

Doug (Boston): Mark- If anyone can beat this, it's you. You are an inspiration to all of us and the entire nation is behind you. Can't wait to see you back on the field soon!

Brian (Bethesda): Mark - You are in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck on this difficult journey from an old BC alum and his family.

The Kalin Family (North Andover, MA): Mark, our thoughts are prayers are with you. We're all behind you #94.

Terry from Cape Cod: Mark, my thought and prayers are with you and your family. You will find the strength you need from within and from them. A lot of people beyond that circle care about you and your future success. Good luck

Phill (NJ): Nothing beats #94. You are in my prayers.

Thomas (LA): You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers daily. I'll mention a personal success story - my father was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer December 2007 but he's winning the fight and just this past Sat. we celebrated his 81st bday. There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind you will win this battle against cancer. Upon learning of my father's diagnosis I spoke with as many oncologists as possible and what they all told me was those patients that have a positive attitude fare much better - a positive attitude is the most powerful medicine available. See you in Chestnut Hill for the 2010 Home Opener. Watching you run out of the tunnel is going to be special.

Jim Worcester MA: Mark, You and your family are in our prayers. Best wishes

Ed from Danbury, CT: Fight this disease as hard as you played. Prayers for your full and speedy recovery.

Steven (Ogden, Ut): Hey man. You're an idol to all of us college linebackers. You're in our prayers and I can't wait to see you playing again

Corey (fall river, ma): Mark, i want to wish you the best. In 8th grade my mom was told she had breast cancer and it was the worst thing of my life. I know you will beat this, and I can't wait to see you back on the field again! God Bless You.

Steve (Akron, NY): Mark, you could not have gotten as far as you have in your athletic life without supreme determination and grit. I know these qualities will serve you well in overcoming this challenge. We're all behind you.

Conestoga Highschool: You will beat the cancer and come out on top! Dont ever doubt your self and always believe! Read Lance Armstrongs Book Good Luck and see you when your in the NFL

Roger Cattelan(Ottawa): May God Bless you and give you the courage to defeat this illness.

Roger Cattelan(Ottawa): May God Bless you and give you the guidance to defeat this illness.

JCL: BC '07 alumnus here just letting you know that your optimism is truly inspirational and that your unique outlook when faced with such difficulty leaves no doubt in my mind that you will be successful in your fight. You and your family remain in our hearts and prayers always.

Courtney, Watertown, MA: My family has had BC football season tickets since I was born and have been going to games since before I can remember. In all the years I have been going to games I cannot remember anyone who brings as much energy and passion to the football field and has been so much fun to watch. I know you're going to get through this because you're such an amazing fighter. Keep fighting this and I can't wait to see you on the field again. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

john long beach: hey mark, we are so sorry to hear about what happened but we know you can overcome it and be the best defensive player in the country. see you at thee acc chamionship this season.

Tom Brunswick,ME: Mark, I want to thank you for all your contributions to the BC football team and I wish to see you back at Alumni Stadium. Most of all though,I wish to hear that you are free of cancer and healthy enough to live a long,happy life

James (BC '09): Mark, you are a legend on this campus. I've been watching you crush opponents from the stands with the rest of the superfans ever since you got here. I was in consumer behavior with you this semester and told all my friends i was in a class with the star of the football team haha. My friends and I know you have it in you to beat this, and we will be watching you from the stands in fall of 2010, this time as alumni superfans. Superfans everywhere stand with you, Mark. FOR HERE ALL ARE ONE

Nancy (MA): I am praying for you!

Justin BC Class of 2012: God bless you and we all look forward to seeing you back on the field playing again soon. You're in our prayers.

James (BC '09): Mark, you are a legend on this campus. I've been watching you crush opponents from the stands with the rest of the superfans ever since you got here. I was in consumer behavior with you this semester and told all my friends i was in a class with the star of the football team haha. My friends and I know you have it in you to beat this, and we will be watching you from the stands in fall of 2010, this time as alumni superfans. Superfans everywhere stand with you, Mark. FOR HERE ALL ARE ONE!

Matt (Connecticut): #94 you are such an inspiartion for me and my family on and off the field. If you have faith in God you won't be let down. God bless. Can't wait to see you play ball again. You WILL get through this, I know it.

Molly from 48hrs (Marion, MA): Mark, I read that today was your first day of chemo. I hope it went well, stay strong. You will remain in my thoughts throughout your treatment.

Corrine & Greg Graeme Milwaukee: We hope you defeat this newest challenge just as you defeat your opponents on the field. You & your family are in our prayers. From Alex Albright's great aunt & uncle.

oxford, mississippi: fans across the Southeastern Conference are praying for you! we know you can beat this!

Mary in Santa Fe: Hi, Mark I met you with your family one summer (I think you were nine). Toby is a close friend and shared your situation with me. We are all praying for you, Mark. Get well soon. Love from New Mexico

William Hudome, Malvern, PA: Mark, You are my Friend and my Hero. Beat this disease.

Alex ( Hamburg, Germany!): somebody like doesn't need much of encouragement! you are a fighter and keep it up! you'll make it and we'll be hopefull to see you back on te field!

Rosamond: You are in my thoughts and prayers

B.J. (Georgia): Stay strong Mark. Best wishes. Your in our prayers. Kick ass!

The Jones Family (Manchester CT): Mark - We have no doubts that you will defeat this cancer. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes and God bless.

Bob (Chicago): Mark, Wishing you the absolute best. When you're done punishing this thing, please come play for the Chicago Bears.

Andy (Harrisburg, PA): Good luck and get back on the field soon!

Jones Family (Manchester, CT): Mark - We have no doubts you will defeat this cancer. You are in our prayers and we wish you the very best. God bless you.

Monica Marcelis Fochtman- BC '97, '98: Hi Mark- I am a proud BC alum and the mother of a cancer warrior. Our 3 yr old son, Luke Ignatius is also battling a sarcoma- he has Stage 4 Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma. He was diagnosed just 5 days after his third birthday. Since then, he has endured many hospital stays, chemo, hair loss, tests, scans, etc. We are starting radiation next week. Please know that he PRAYS FOR YOU EVERY NIGHT. "God Bless the football player at Mommy's team." Cancer stinks. No doubt about it. But the journey ahead of you is also a gift. We are thinking of you and your family. Stay strong and keep the faith. Go Eagles! Monica, Sean, Luke and Connor Fochtman Lansing, MI

The Flaherty Family: Mark, You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless You, and get well soon. We are looking forward to watching you play again!

Monica Marcelis Fochtman (Lansing, MI): Mark, my name is Monica and I am the proud mother of a 3 yr old cancer warrior, named Luke Ignatius. I am also a two-time BC grad. Like you, Luke is also battling a sarcoma. Luke was diagnosed with stage 4 Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma just 5 days after his third birthday. We wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you and wishing you well. Luke prays for you every night, "God Bless the football player on Mommy's team." The road ahead is long, but it is also a gift. Keep the faith and GO EAGLES!

Kevin (Morris Plains, NJ): Mark, my son Patrick was in your accounting class this year...we're all praying for your swift recovery. God Bless!

Bill C. Arlington, VA: God Bless you Mark, We're praying for you.

Margaret BC: Mark - My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Fight. Fight. Fight.

AL SWEENIE BRAINTREE: MARK, OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS AND "GO EAGLES"

Steve: Go put on that war paint and give this hell as you always do on game day. We are all pulling for you brothaaahhhh. 94 your in our hearts

Erik D (Allston, MA): Mark, By now you've heard it all from anyone and everyone, but I had to be "one more" to wish you the best, and reiterate how confident I am in your ability to beat this. Based on all you've shown to BC and the community, I can't think of anyone on the planet who has a better shot. We're all behind you.

caryn-santa cruz california: Dear Mark In 2002 my son was diagnosed with Ewings scarcoma. He was 10 years old and the football size tumor was in his pelvis. His treatment was very aggressive. And I am happy to say that after 12 rounds of chemo, 30 days of radiation and a hemipelvectomy sugery, he is a very strong competitive athlete. He is now 17 years old. He participates in water polo, swimming and roller hockey. He is am amazing person. So stay positive, always look to the future. Good Luck to you.

Avila (BC '12): Mark, you were so inspiring to hear at 48 hours and you are such a strong role model and leader on our campus. We are blessed to have you as a member of our football team and student body. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Nate, Wayne PA: Yo Mark, I wish you the best of luck with everything. You will be in my prayers and I know you will stay strong. 'Stoga Pride '06 baby.

BCMike (Atlanta, GA): Round one done, Mark. Keep up the battle to win the war! Know you can do it!!

Sean (Sandy, Utah): Mark: Admittedly, I'm not a BC fan...sorry, I'll look for the lightening. :) However, I am a Mark Herzlich fan. Your intensity, passion, and love for the game and college football is what I idealize college football to be about. Get better...we need more people like you on and off the field.

Mike (St. Louis): Brave Heart is wounded and not down.

Joe, Long Island: Mark, All the best to you and your family in this tough time. I look forward to seeing you on the field again leading our Eagles. All the best.

Bill Kroen Hobe Sound, FL: Mark as a BC alum I have enjoyed your play. MY prayers are with you for a full recovery. God Bless.

Dorsey (Tallahassee): 94 is a hawk out there

AJ: My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. God Bless :-)

Lauren (NYC): You are in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see you back on the field!

GF(charlotte): Beat this thing!

Caity Tweedy, BC Class of 09: Hey Mark, get well soon, you can do it! I'm praying for you

Mary: Mark, Sometimes the worst times in our lives end up being the best in that they bring such insight and enlightenment with them. I know your strength and courage will be an inspiration to others--this message board is testament to your character! We are all on your side and praying for your health. The team won't be the same without you, but your spirit will be there in the hearts of each and every one of the guys and spectators. You are not going through this alone-we're here for you!

Gail (NY): Mark, Trust your doctors, rely on your family, ask anyone and everyone to pray for you. Beating a sarcoma is possible. Stay positive.

Nancy - Virginia Beach: Stay strong and upbeat as much as you possibly can. Healing is much in the head as it is in the body.

Steph (BC): Mark, I saw the passion on your face when you came running out of the tunnel for the ND game, and I know that if you fight this with that same passion you’ll win! You’re in my prayers. God bless!

Brandon(SixMile,AL.): hey mark just wanted to let you know all in auburn country are praying for you and hope your playing again real soon.

caryn santa cruz california: Mark In 2002 my son was diagnosed with Ewings Scarcoma, he was 10 years old. He is now 17 and a thriving athlete. He plays a roller hockey team, and plays water polo, and swims for his high school. Good Luck to you, think positive and look to the future.

Maguire Family (Woburn, MA): Mark, May GOD Bless you and your family. We are praying for a speedy recovery and a swift return to the football field. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers! GO IRISH

Rob S. Garde City, NY: Feel better Mark! You're in our prayers! Keep battling! Go Eagles!

Daniel ( Lyme, New Hampshire): Mark, I know you can beat this. You are going to do it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless.

daniel (boston): im sorry i hope u get well soon :) GO BC !!!!

John, Chicago: Sometimes life just kicks you in the ass. Think of all the guys your age over the years who never got a chance because they left it in places like Iwo Jima and Korea. Go fight this thing and survive. Life will be good again. Stuff like this will make you enjoy it even more. Hang in there.

Dante (Cape Cod): Mark my family's prayers are with you can't wait to see you win the Bednarik next year

Zach (Worcester): Mark, Best of luck beating Enwing's Sarcoma.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.You are truly tough competing in the ACC weekly.

Zach (Worcester): Mark, Best of luck.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.You are truly tough.I hope to see you back on the field soon.

Cody (Bedford): Best of luck Mark, our prayers are with you. Looking forward to seeing you back on the field

Ben (Summerville, SC): Get well soon. You will be in our prayers. We hope to see you on the field as soon as possible

Killa Cam Boston: Get well soon brotha! Get it!

Art (Glen Allen, VA): Mark - wishing you the best as you survive this thing and get back on with your life. I had lymphoma 7 years ago and have since completed 3 marathons and ran a half marathon last month, all to raise money for cancer research. I am expecting to hear great things about you in the future! Be strong and determined, be resolute!

Joey (Clinton, Ct.): I look forward to your competing again. Keep your head up.

Joey (Clinton, Ct.): I look forward to your competing again. Keep your head up.

Mark Furman, LI, NY: Mark - My son faced Ewing's Sarcoma 4 years ago, so we know what you face. We wish you the best of luck in your treatment. My advice is to seek out the best options and to find the right support groups which will help you in your fight. The docs don't know everything, finding other patients and learning from their experiences will help. Best wishes

Ken (New York ) BC: May the Lord guide you through this ordeal and may you be blessed with many more great games.

Bob (stamford, CT): I know you will overcome this obstacle (as you do all others). You have been a joy to watch on the field. Stay positive and I am sure we will have the pleasure of seeing you play again soon.

Sue Dillon - Louisville: FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT the best way you know how.. Love you and pray for you every day

Justin (Phoenix, AZ): Marky Mark.... You the bomb man get well soon.

mike newhall (Smithfield, va.): enjoy watching you play hang tough and you'll beat it

San Francisco: I'm a friend of Michael Clouds..I was sent this e-mail and was touched by your story. God Bless you and your family! I will pray for you.

Richard (Philadelphia): As a BC alumni, physician, Philadelphian, father of a child with Ewing Sarcoma, and President of www.Go4theGoal.org I wanted to offer our services if you should need anything from locals who have gone through your course and can make recommendations regarding some excellent caring professionals. Please let of us know if we can be of assistances in anyway as you handle this challenge.

Gregory Carroll, Kingsland Georgia: Mark; I have been a fan of yours throughout your impressive BC career. You have been the heart of the Eagle Defense and team. I hope to see you return. That said, it is more important that you beat this thing and have a healthy, happy and productive life, the football will come if you still want it.This thing is beatable, meet it head on. For the Nausea from chemo, try chewing some ginger root. And eat, it will keep you strong. My family is praying for you.

southington,ct: Hi Mark, I haven't forgotten you and I say prayers often, for your speedy recovery. I know that you are in the hands of the best MD's, and looking at all these messages the power of prayer is strong. All alumni that I know in CT. are aware of your condition. So many others are, including hundreds of young boys who have watched you in person or on TV, and want to be like #94. They are learning the meaning of prayer through remembering you. "Ever To Excel" is our motto. No one has demonstrated this more than you to so many. God is kind, God is good! #94 is loved by God all the time. Best Regard, George, Class of 63

Jeff (Cape Coral, FL): My 17 yr. old son was diagnosed in his freshman year of high school. He underwent 14 difficult rounds. His last treatment was 1 year ago and tomorrow night he will play in his spring football game. He is healthy and strong once again. By God's strenght I know you will be too.

Matt (Everett MA): Hey, Mark. After watching you play for the past couple of years, if you attack this disease the way you attack the opposing team, you will be in great shape. Here's to a full recovery.

orange county, CA: yo mark, face this like you face everything else in life with all your heart. we are all praying for you and waiting for you to come back!

Coach C (Phoenixville- LB coach at Stoga: Herz,just heard the news. My heart broke. You will beat this. Get in touch with me. Love you. Coach C and Michelle

Jenna - Long Beach, NY: Hi Mark. I am 8 years old and just had my last visit to Sloan in NYC this week. I met a lot of people and my family helped me get through it. I can go in the ocean this summer. It will be a piece of cake. promise.

Liz - NJ: Hi Mark - I am a proud BC alum, a 9-year breast cancer survivor, and the mom of a BC rising sophomore. You are his favorite player and his 16 year old brother's too. We are all praying for you and cheering you on through this battle. God Bless You and Stay Strong!

Lindy's Sports Magazine (BHAM, AL.): Mark: We hope you get well soon and you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Fran (Wayne, PA & BC Class of '90): Mark – While I only know you from watching you play and seeing your interviews, I can clearly see that you are a true BC man in heart and in mind. You embody our motto, “Ever to Excel” and you will indeed carry that motto into this new battle

monahan(waltham Ma): you and gilles made my semester the best in 35 years.your parents must be proud of you.constant prayers for your recovery and return.

monahan waltham mass: my favorite class was with you and gilles-prayers are the answer and we will have you on our prayer line

Terry (Wakefield, MA): Hi Mark, Maybe you could wear that fierce black eye paint to treatment and fight with the best defense! See you back out there on the field. Support and best wishes!

Fran (Wayne, PA & BC Class of '90): Mark -While I only know you from watching you on the field or seeing your interviews, it is clear that you are truly a BC man in both heart and mind. You embody our motto "Ever to Excel" and I know you will carry that spirit forward into this battle.

George (Milton, DE): I hope you beat cancer into submission like an opposing quarterback. Stay strong, brother.

Michael (Boston, MA): Mark you will win this battle , fight it as hard as you play on the field and keep your head up. We pray for you and your family for a healthy recovery.

Harv-Allentown: Mark, My son and daughter in-law are BC grads. We have enjoyed your play and hard nosed approach toward being the best. Good luck with your newest challenge.Be strong.

Scott (Tulsa): Mark, I am praying for you. Put your trust in the Lord. He has never let me down. Class of '77 Alum and a huge fan of yours and BC Football.

monahan bc: jp morgan is still in the works for the interview according to my son-in-law

Max: Mark you are the best linebacker ever keep your head up and you will win.

Kevin (San Jose, CA): Mark, Stay strong, keep your head up. You're going to whoop this like BC whoops ND. My thoughts and prayers are with ,you and your family.

chris d ; boston: HANG IN THERE BIG MAN

marguarite(hoboken): cancer is the quarterback...go sack it!

Brian NH: Mark enjoyed you playing since day one beat this and continue the Eagle Spirit !!

Brian (Houston TX): Mark just another challenge you will meet head one. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Steve (BC '64): Mark, you're in our thoughts and prayers every day. God Bless.

mitch boston: Mark you the man, you are strong and will get through this i know for sure.

Louis (the Woodlands Tx): Mark, our prayers are with you and your family.

Tom BC'92 (Ashland MA): Mark, you will crush this the way you crush quarterbacks. Get healthy and we'll see you back at the Heights soon.

Drew (Westlake Village, CA): hey mark, get well soon, I am going to miss seeing you out on the field this season

Steph (Class of '02): Mark, keep your undeniable focus & tenacity, then redirect it in your life. And remember, nothing is stronger than the power of prayer. Congratulations on what you have accomplished thus far, and for everything you are going to accomplish in the future. Go Eagles

Mark Medford: Mark my prayers and thoughts are with; God is too.

Jeff Hausmann: My thought and prayers are with you

Bill (Albany, NY): You will be missed on the field, look forward to seeing you out there again.

brian (winchester, MA): Mark you have the talent of Andre Tippit and the courage of Dr. King. Tippit never let a great quarterback back him down, and King never let segregation back him down, and you wont let cancer back you down.

Boston MA: Good luck mark, yuo can do it. Drop this just like you drop Rb's and QB's!

Evan(Boston Ma): You can do it MArk! Drop this jsut like you drop Qb's and Rb's!

Joe (New Castle, PA): Mark, I'm 22 and I've been a long time Boston fan (I'm originally from massachusetts) and I've watched the eagles for years now. You're a friggin' amazing player, one of the best I've seen in a long time. I hope to see you play in the NFL one day for New England :-D So that being said, I hope you make it through and that you rid yourself of that cancer. Take care of yourself, be good and fight hard.

Mike, BC79, McLean: Hang in there. We are pulling for yoy

Andrew (Boston): More people are praying for you than you could ever imagine. There wont be a harder ticket in Boston than the one for your first game back.

John and Hollie Deal (Belmont, NC): Dear Mark, get well soon! Your ferocity on the field is unmatched and we enjoy your passion for the game. Hope to see you back playing real soon. Stay strong Herz!

John and Hollie(Belmont, NC): you are a warrior and a fighter. Nothing will keep you off the field. get well soon!

Josh Manchester MA: Mark I'm an ex college and pro hockey player who was diagnosed with leukemia in summer 07. It was a scary time to say the least. If you would like to talk lemme know: 617-512-4986. hang in there.

Chris Glenwood Springs CO: I know a player like you has the hunger and tenacity to come back to football. But more than just that, come bak to linebacker. My best wishes, fight hard.

emily wakefield: your my favorite on the team.....I hope you get better soon!!!!

Henry Glavin (New York, NY): Mark - best wishes. I am praying for you. You are a true BC man!

Boots Sanford, NC: God bless, Mark! All of the Eagles are pulling for you....

Robert Camardo (Youngstown, Oh): Mark--after watching you manhandle Kent St in Cleveland this past fall--cancer doesn't have a chance! Best wishes and prayers my friend. An Eagle fan from Ohio.

RC: hey man, had a ewings sarcoma scare in college, turned out to just be a benign tumor in my left femur. have a rod and pins in it but am good to go now, you can beat this and will make it back. good luck to you, you can do it

Alex Lancaster: You are a natural at what you do and one of the best i have ever seen. The games this season wont be the same without you. You bring a special energy to the field that everyone feeds off off. Get well soon and i hope one day you will be able to come back to football because you are truly amazing

John Chabot (Quebec city): Hi Mark, Great fan of you and the eagles. A 6 hour drive is not too long to see you play. Best wishes, fight hard. you are known in Quebec.

bill from hokieland: VT Hokies wish you well. Your strong will and determination will be a true asset in your current battle. We love your style of play, even when you kick our butts.

Andy (Lowell): Matt - your the best LB to ever wear the BC uniform. Your strong, tough, fast and are going to come back better than ever. My best friend Brian beat cancer and you are going to also! Get well.

Peter Hardin, Atlanta: Mark - The BC Community is behind you. Your skill, perseverance, and commitment to excellence is to be admired. All of our prayers are with you. Everyone is awaiting the day when we see you at the Heights.

John (Plymouth, MA): you gave us lots of fun; we give you lots of prayers; we know you'll do great !

Salem: Thanks for the great memories. Good luck in all endeavors.

Sandi (Houston): My son was diagnosed Thursday with Ewing's sarcoma. I will keep you in my prayers when I prayer for my own son. God be with you.

Mike, Storrs, Conn.: The UConn Huskies wish you well and a speedy recovery!!!!!

Jack (Columbia, SC): I’m praying for you everyday, Mark. Just as with your approach to your studies and your games, take this one step at a time with as much focus as physically possible. You will beat this thing for sure! You are surrounded by a wonderful family and you have many friends - we look forward to the end of the year when you will have completed your treatment and your surgery and can begin the road back to normalcy.

Jack (Columbia, SC): I’m praying for you everyday, Mark. Just as with your approach to your studies and your games, take this one step at a time with as much focus as physically possible. You will beat this thing for sure! You are surrounded by a wonderful family and you have many friends - we look forward to the end of the year when you will have completed your treatment and your surgery and can begin the road back to normalcy.

Sam (Atl, GA via Boston, MA): Mark I am praying for you man. You are strong and I know you will fight this with everything you've got. Soar my dude Soar!!!!!!

zgvsh dbzcms: B7Bk8, mtcrs , [url=http://www.vzcqity54y.com]xpw7h[/url], http://www.dmmdn8pfp4sz.com an9jk

Dante (San Carlos): God bless you Mark. Hope that the chemo is not making you too sick. Prayers for a strong recovery.

James (Chapel Hill): You are an awesome player! You can make it through this! God bless!

BC Fan: Mark, you will beat this cancer, and will be the next Lance Armstrong/ John Lester...Strongest individual Ive ever seen, don't worry about football

Rich Reynolds (New York, NY): Mark, you are a terrific athlete and you are exemplar for all hard-working athletes everywhere. I am proud that you attend Boston College and I hope that you recover as quickly as possible.

California: Hey Mark, Keep the faith..Life gives us many challanges and God wants you to beat this! Besides, the Patriots need you!! God bless...

Tom (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia): All the military support staff watch BC each week and we were shocked at the news. We are all pulling for you and know you will come out on top.

Joseph (Lynnfield, MA): Good luck Mark. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope to see you dominate on D again.

JOHN FLA: Mark my prayers are with you.YOU CAN SACK THIS

Dedric (Boston): Mark you are an inspiration on and off the field. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless

Dereck, east providence, ri: Best wishes mark, you will fight hard just as you do on the football field. Thank you for all you have done already for BC.

david(bennington, VT): looking forward to seeing you back on the field...im praying for you

david(bennington, VT): looking forward to seeing you back on the field...im praying for you

Dave (Seattle): Mark - Here's to a quick, speedy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you.

Kris (Boston): Mark, Best Wishes and we all know you can tackle this. We'll see you soon.

Mike 2003 2004 (Miami Beach): Mark you're going to get through this and rise again buddy. Good luck and stay strong!

Ryan (Blacksburg, Va): Get well soon.

Tom L. Naples Fl: Mark hang in there ,you can beat this

Jimmy Kolenda your #1 fan (Southboro MA): Mark you are such an inspiration to me! I am 12 years old and I met you at the spring game. You signed my shoe and it is hanging on my wall in my room and I look at it and pray for you every night. I know you will get through this! You are the best football player ever! I know I will be seeing you on the field! I go to every BC home game and some away games. This year ill be at the ND game! I look forward to seeing you dominate college football again! You are my favorite player ever, and in my opinion the best player to were the maroon and gold! GOOD LUCK MARK! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Leo class of 80: Mike, Hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You can overcome this with your strength and determination

Joel Barrington IL: Mark: This is your fight but know many many thousands of fans across the country are rooting and praying for you.

Bill '88 (Wethersfield, CT): Mark, my son and I have enjoyed watching you play and look forward to your return to the field. God bless and get well soon.

Danny Naples FL: God bless you my prayers are with you and your family God bless you

Greg (Boston): Mark, you are one of the smartest, most passionate and aggressive football players I have ever watched and from everything I have heard/read you are an even better person. If anyone is strong enough to fight this thing it’s you and I am confident you come through this challenging part of your life even stronger. Good luck, get well and I look forward to seeing you on the football field again soon.

Kyle(Boston): Mark you are an inspiration to me. Ill be praying for you.

Jenn BC: Mark I don't remember me, but I cheered with Lex this season. I just wanted you to know that all my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. you've accomplished so much, you've made our school so proud! fight and keep your head up

Greg (BC '00): Mark: Continue to inspire. You're going to beat this.

Kelly '87: I am praying for you and your family

Bill BC '67 (Warwick, RI): Your entire BC family and many other non-BC people are with you. We pray you a) get totally healthy, and b) we see #94 in Maroon and Gold on the field again. Good luck and God bless.

Doug (Arlington, VA): Mark, Best of luck with your new challenge. I am sure you will thrive! Get well soon.

Ian (Bayonne, NJ): Considering you were, and still are, one of the inspirations in my life to stay strong and have confidence it kills me to live with the fact that you have Cancer. You are in my prayers, and sure enough if you fight on Ill be able to fight along side with you.

Virginia BC family: Hi Mark! We have season tickets, and especially loved the games against Va Tech and Notre Dame last fall. You are an awesome player, and we have admired your spirit, sportsmanship and excellent athletic ability. Our thoughts and many prayers are with you and your family as you fight this disease. You will win the battle and play again soon--keep the faith!!

Dan (Reading, Ma): Mark, me, my family, and my friends have loved watching you play the last few years. You are an inspiration to all of us and I am confident that your strength and mental toughness will help you through this tough time. Our prayers go out to you and your family. You will prevail through this tough time and be on the field again soon. Good Luck!

Mike BC '70 (L.A.): Mark, I, my wife Jackie & our kids, Kevin'n Kaelin, and all my students at Loyola High in L.A. are praying for your speedy and complete recovery--you've got the heart to battle this thing and we know we'll be seeing you thumpin' ND again soon. Fight, #94! God bless you and your family.

John (Los Altos, CA): Mark, On the field you are a leader and a fighter. The entire BC family is pulling for you. We know you can win this battle and our prayers are with you.

Kim (charlotte NC): From your days at Stoga till now I have be able to appreciate your ability to fight hard at the game of life. This challenge you will face with the same strength and come out just fine, I know it and pray for it too.

Jeff and Tiff (South Portland, ME): We love watching you play and we are wishing you a full and speedy recovery. Best of wishes and keep the faith :)

Dave (Southbridge, MA): Get well soon so #94 can return to the field. God Bless.

Anthony Davanzo: MArk, I recently saw the highlight tape of the season last year and you were a dominant player. I wish you a fast recovery and hope to see you on the field again.

LINDA FLORIDA: I HAD CANCER,,IT IS A TOUGH ROAD BUT YOU ARE A FIGHTER,,GOOD BLESS YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS,,,,,,,,

Trevor (Texas): If you can dominate D-1 football, you can certainly sack cancer. Competitors like you persevere under all circumstances. Jon Lester, Andres Galarraga, Lance Armstrong, Arnold Palmer, Paul Azinger, Troy Aikman... Let me know when to add you to the list. Stay strong, stay positive, and speak with God through prayer. That's the formula. See you on the field soon.

Meaghan BC '07 (Boston, MA): Good luck with your treatments Mark. You'll be in my thoughts and in the thoughts of all the superfans :)

Marina (BC): You are in my prayers, Mark, for a swift and complete recovery. May you be surrounded by lots of love as you undergo chemo. Get well soon.

BOB NY: One Day at a time Bro......You can do it !!!

Haley :Class 2013: The football field is hear for you and waiting for you

Alex (MD): Good luck Mark! We are thinking of you.

John Solter (Melbourne , FL): "He mocks at fear and is not frightened, nor does he turn back from the sword."-Job 39:22

Larry MA 1989: Stay strong-get well!

KC Khoury Burlington VT: Best wishes to you.

Larry Dracut,Mass.: God Bless you and cure you of this disease.

BCMags06: You make us all proud, Mark! Keep fighting just like you always have & you WILL beat this. Everyone is behind you, praying for you & wishing you and your family well through this time. Keep the faith--you'll be back on the field before you know it!

Mike (Long Island, NY): Mark, you represent BC so well on and off the field, and it has been an honor to watch you play the last few seasons. You have the entire BC community's support now, and always. Best of luck.

bob (Old Lyme Ct): mark, Hang in there. The medecine today will cure all. We look forward to seeing you on the field. God Bless.

Chris (New york): Stay strong Mark. You're an inspiration to us all.

southington,ct: Hi Mark, I hope all is on the upside. You do the work and I will do the praying. I paid for my seasons tickets. My hope is to see you walk with the team to the Yawkey Ctr. before some game this year. With all the notes you get, it still got to be a tough life for you. There is no getting away from that. I can understand the ups and downs and the concerns you must have. I hope you have lots of family and friends to occupy your time. If you want some good reading Bill Russell's book on Red Aurebach is real good. I saw Doug Flutie at the Traveler's Golf tournament last week and asked him about 25 year old Freshman QB's. His sentiments were about the same as mine. BC just took a step backwards. Remember "Ever To Excel" George "Class of 1963"

Elkjaer from denmark: Get well soon.... You are the best LB I have seen, a freak of natur;-)

Kevin Pawleys Island SC: Daily prayers for you.

Newport, RI: Mark, I pray every Sunday at Mass that you will have a full recovery and have the wonderful life you deserve.

Kyle (class 2010): Mark - You are in our prayers. No doubt you will beat it, stay strong and stay positive. Looking forward to seeing you on the Heights.

Eric (Ct.): God bless and see you family through all of this. Get well soon, and looking forward to see you back again up and running!

CJ (Byfield, Ma): Stay tough Mark, You’re in my prayers. I hope to see you back on the field at alumni stadium soon. I also hope to hear these words. “In the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select Mark Herzlich, Linebacker, Boston College

Kelsey (BC): Sending you our thoughts and prayers. You are an inspiration to all of us at school!

Fahmah (Chicago): We know you will be back soon! Your strength and fortitude will overtake this. God Bless you and watch over you as you kick this thing!

Nick (Beverly): Good Luck with recovery Mark, cant wait for you to make the pros, hopefully the pats will still be looking for a backer and you and brace can clog up the middle again together.

Bennett (Honolulu BC 02): Mark just wanted to give you a shot out and let you know that BC fans in Hawaii are thinking about you and wishing you the best. Give us a visit anytime and come relax on the sunny beaches and the cool healing water with friends. Much love and aloha

Shane: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Shane: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

John McGoo BC"63" #61: You are in my Prayers daily... God Bless McGoo

Caleb (Birmingham): Mark, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep fighting and God bless

Bobby (Lynchburg VA): Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

FRANK SMITHTOWN NY: MARK ISIT IN SECTION 15W LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU LEADING THE TEAM ONTO THE FIELD AGAIN

Kevin -Clifton, NJ: Mark, the next victory will be yours!

SECTION MM ROW 2: FIGHT THE FIGHT LIKE YOU PLAY THE GAME GODSPEED TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Nickie - Mamaroneck, NY: Mark, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. For I will restore you to health; of your wounds I will heal you, says the LORD. ~ Jeremiah 30:17

Nic '07: Nothing can stop a guy that scares Chuck Norris. That's a fact! Get better and come back soon.

Dick / Chicago: Hang in there, Mark! We are praying for you!

Adam (Peabody): Hey Mark, Praying for your healthy recovery. Best wishes man, stay strong and keep the faith.

Becki (Boston): Get well soon!

BCHS (MA): stay strong

BCHS (MA): Our prayers are with you Herlich

Ron & Mona (Leoti, Ks): Mark- we wish you all the best blessings and pray for a speedy recovery, can't wait to see you play again! Your talent is awesome!

Bill (Indianapolis): Mark, our prayers are with you daily. Your courage and the manner in which you conduct yourseld make me proud to be a BC fan. BE STRONG

Dave (Noblesville, IN): MARK -- You are loved in Indiana too. You represent the best at Boston College. Good luck.

Dotti Fort Myers, FL: I'm a BC grad, a football fan and a cancer survivor. You're in my prayers, Stay strong, you're an Eagle, you know.

Zainul (Hershey, PA): I'm a BC alumnus, and I loved watching you play and lead our team out onto the battlefield. I look forward to seeing you play again. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you keep fighting the good fight.

bryan pacific: my dad has brain cancer , he was to die 2 and half years ago . doctors don't not know the heart of the person or the will to get better . i may have some information that may help you mark , it helped my dad . email at mafitwell@egmail.com i can send you the info . my thoughts and prays are with you.

Lou (Clearwater, FL): BC Alum who has admired your toughness and tenacity, both will see you thru this

Chris (MA): Good luck Mark, Stay Strong

Jon (Cary, NC): Stay strong Mark! Eagle nation is behind you 100% God Bless, and just like on the field, never give up and always go that extra mile. You can do this!

Toby: You are BC. One of the highlights of all bc home games is when you lead everyone out of the tunnel. Looking forward to your comeback.

mike (charlton): stay strong, best linebacker in ncaa.

Matt from Henniker, NH: Hey, Mark. You can beat this.

Bob ( Peabody, Ma): Mark, My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong !

Kyle (Charlottesville): Keep up the fight I hope you keep improving. Your in our thoughts at ESPN 840 in Charlottesville!

Tom Heckel Darien, CT: Hang in there Mark. We are still praying for you. Get better soon.

Jack--Lynn: Mark--30+ year season ticket holder. My wife beat breast cancer. I know you'll win your battle.

John Campbell: Hey man can't wait to see you back on the field hopefully in another Eagles uniform Right here in philly. Best Wishes here from PA

Corey (New Jersey): keep battling mark. i know you can win this battle. cant wait to see you back on the field!

sal Lynnfield MA: mark at my first bc football game i saw you playing at alumni staidium you were playing awesome.you might of saw my dad officer giuseppe marotta he works at the boston college police department.bye and GO BC!!!!!

San Diego, CA: Mark: You're a champion - both on the gridiron and off. Beat it! from the heart, Dave F.

Jeff Chalmers (Norfolk, MA): Mark, God Bless! You will be in our prayers for a speedy recovery. We can't wait to see you on the field.

jack snyder (shrewsbury,ma): mark, my dad just passed away from cancer. but i know you will survive this. you are the best defenseive player b.c. has ever seen. best of luck -jack snyder

Marty (Garden City): Fight the cancer like you play and you will be the winner. A BC Alumnus wishes you the best.

Dave (Charlotte, NC): LIVESTRONG

Michael (Dallas): Stay strong and continue fight this battle. "They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar as with eagles' wings; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint." You are an inspiration to more than you know. I am praying for you Mark.

Nick (Attleboro): Mark, i know you are fighting cancer with the same intensity you show on the gridiron. best wishes and hope to see you play again soon

Pat ( Boston MA ): Keep fighting Mark football is a thing to be blessed with get better soon and you can lead us back to the battlefield. My prayers are with you and you and your family.

Liz (Boston - BC '06): Good luck, Mark! Can't wait to see you play again! :)

Matt (Clinton): Our thoughts and prayers are with you in your battle. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and was given no chance to live past 6 months. She had had surgery to remove 25% of her lung a year prior and the cancer had come back. They told us no chance to get better. Spent the next month researching on the internet and finally settled on Protocel and Paw. Over a year now and no sign of cancer. No health issues either. Has not had CAT scans or PET scans (putting it in God’s hands), but her lungs feel great. I encourage you to check out Protocel and also Paw Paw. Very affordable and works wonderfully. I am NOT affiliated with Protocel other than a person who’s life is better because of it. Go Eagles!

Tom Hart, Mountville PA: As a lifelong ND fan I am never too happy about what BC does to The Fightin' Irish BUT I look forward to seeing you, Mark, doing it again and the sooner the better! Our prayers are with you. My wife is undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer and will survive thanks to God, modern medicine, and a positive attitude. You will do the same.

Caleb (Valley Forge): god bless you and stay strong

James Reed, East Islip: God Bless You. GO BC

Aidan (Albany, NY): Mark, I am 12 years old and I met you last year at Alumni the day after the ND win. I was ecstatic when you agreed to pose for a photo and sign a couple of things. I also met your family in Tampa. I was a little surprised by your extreme kindness because of your aggressiveness on the field. You are my favorite football player ever and as a person you are someone I would want to be like. I’m sure you will fight this just like you have fought and will fight offenses on the gridiron. My thoughts are with you and I will be pulling for you until you’re back on the field. GO EAGLES!

Aidan (Albany, NY): Mark, I am 12 years old and I met you last year at Alumni the day after the ND win. I was ecstatic when you agreed to pose for a photo and sign a couple of things. I also met your family in Tampa. I was a little surprised by your extreme kindness because of your aggressiveness on the field. You are my favorite football player ever and as a person you are someone I would want to be like. I’m sure you will fight this just like you have fought and will fight offenses on the gridiron. My thoughts are with you and I will be pulling for you until you’re back on the field. GO EAGLES!

Sam (ft myers): Matt you are my favorite player and i really hope your chemo goes well

Boston College Police Association: Mark, On behalf of the Boston College Police Association, I would like to send our best. You are an inspiration and friend to us all. If we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to call. Officer Ryan Ruley President-Boston College Police Assoc.--NECOPS Local 2

Mexico: Keep it up buddy. You have friends in Mexico that look forward to your recovery. You are an inspiration to us. God bless you. XB

Jason- LF, Maine: Get better man! No one plays like you do! I hope to see you on a field in the future!

Chuck from Chicago, IL: We are your biggest fans in the heart the heart of Irish nation. Our prayers are with you. Go Eagles and beat ND 7 times in a row.

Frank Sheehan(Brown Football): Mark, from all of us at Brown Football you are in our thoughts. Keep up the fight and god bless. We know your are taking this on with the same intensity as you do the game of football.

Woburn Ma: went to every game for about 4 years now..and no one has put so much intensity into a game of bc football as you...hope to see you on the field so we can win the A.C.C this season

Stephen Chapel Hill, NC: Mark, God bless and we look forward to seeing you on the filed in 2010!

david (naples FL): mark my prayers go out to you stay strong!!

Chris (Lynnfield, MA): Good luck Mark. My prayers are with you and your family.

K.C. Donovan (Oakland, CA): Beat this thing man!! I have loved watching you play over the years, I consider you the quintessential BC player, both tough and smart. Thanks for the memories, and I can't wait to see you strap it up again in the future.

Dan (Chestnut Hill, MA): Mark - All of these articles I read about you are fantastic and always make me think about how amazing your first game back at Alumni will be. I can not wait to be there next fall to see you run out of the tunnel. Keep fighting!!!

Norman- Boston (BC'81): Mark our thoughts and prayers are with you. We all want you to beat this so that you can enjoy all of the good things that life has to offer. Oh and from a 30 years season ticket holder I'd love to see you back on the field for the 2010 season. Best Wishes.

Chris (Scottsdale, AZ): Mark, We are cheering for you harder than ever. We know you'll persevere. Stay strong!

Rich, Boston MA: Mark, you are a hero both on and off the field. Stay strong!

Kevin (Brighton): Mark: You are a warrior and a champion. Keep fighting! We're all on your side fighting with you against this awful disease!

Mike, Brighton, MA: I sit next to Hassan Tehranian at the BC games, and he is always telling me what a great guy you are and a credit to BC. Good luck in your recovery.

Don, Wakefield, MA: Mark: Your play was inspired but your battle is inspirational. We are all with you in this battle. May you be putting on the war paint in 2010. All the best.

Apollossyleat: Hello all, I'm happy to provide at this page an a worth thinking of type of earning. Can you imagine that on

Ben (Swampscott): You are a great player and a great person. Stay Strong! Good Luck recovering. Lets go Eagles!

Joe, Chelmsford MA: 94 Fight the good fight brother!!! we're all rooting for you to come back and see you on the field in 2010!

Roshan (Minneapolis): Mark, Here's to you and your full recovery from this part of the journey. And when you return to the field, you will soar even higher. Your fellow Eagles in Minnesota are with you.

Jim, Haverhil, MA: Mark I had cancer, stay strong and don't give up the fight.

Mike (Stoneham, MA): Mahhkky we love u dude u are a huge part of the EAGLES family and nothing will change that. yes we'r gona miss u this season but take ur time and do what you gutta do and we all look forward to the day ur back on the field at ALUMNI....we'r all thinkin of you best of luck and get betta soon

Henry,MA: Mark if you can beat all the other defenders in the acc you can beat cancer

Callaghan Family, Baldwin NY: We will keep you in our prayers. With the BC community behind you and your family you are sure to do well. Be strong and have faith.

Brian Blacksburg, VA: Mark- Get well soon I know you will. We are cheering for you at Virginia Tech.

Walters Family (Pittsburgh, PA): On behalf of the BC Alumni Association of Western PA, we wish you a full and speedy recovery. May you feel the love and strength of the many prayers coming your way.

Bob Mangiaforte, Chicago, IL: Enjoyed watching you play the game and looking forward to seeing you dominant on the field again soon. Stay strong, live strong Mark. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Tim (Portland, OR): Mark, Stay Strong.

Andrew (Newton, MA): Mark, get well soon - you are a great player and we will miss watching you on the field this year in uniform and are looking forward to your return and hope to see you on the sidelines soon.

Tom (Short Hills, NJ) BC90: Watching you play is inspiring. Watching you battle off the field is even more inspiring. Prayers for you and your family while you go through this. Can't wait to see you on the turf next season!

McGoo Sr.. Milwaukee: You continue to be in our prayers and thoughts..God Bless..

Tom (Long Valley, NJ): Mark, You are in my prayers and I wish you a speedy recovery. BC alum '84.

Gerald, Colborne, Ontario, Canada: Just made a monthly donation to the Uplifting Athletes. Keep your head up and remember to always keep your eyes on the goal! Much respect.

Danielle, MA: I dont know you but I know fighting cancer is a hard battle. But, you can do it, you seem to be a wonderful person from everything everyone has written. I hope the best and cant wait to see you on the BC football field again. :)

Brian, NY: Hey Mark, I have little doubt that you'll be back very soon. One of the most ferocious players BC has had - use that ferocity in your test and overcome the adversity. Shouldn't be tough for a guy like you!

Apollossyleat: Hello all, I'm glad to describe at this page an interesting type of earning. Can you imagine a person may

Drew (stoughton, MA): Mark, you are a complete animal on the field. best of luck with your recovery.

Steve NJ: C Larms High School Coach we are all rooting for you This is now HERZ NATION

Shorty (Clemson, SC): Keep fighting, football fans everywhere are pulling FOR you!

Andy (San Francisco): Mark- You are an inspiration to me and my family. You make me proud to be an Eagle. God bless you and your family during your recovery.

Reggie Murphy ( Mattapan): Fight with the same intensity that you showed on the field and I am sure you will be back better than ever! Good Luck!

MaryAnn. Clemson SC: You have demonstrated courage, strength, and determination in your play--these same characteristics will be important in getting you thru this. Keep your faith and know our prayers are with you.

Jeff (New Bedford): When you love football, you love pain. This love will carry you through the months to come. Fight!!!

Jeff (Columbus, OH): Mark - I am a 1994 graduate of BC, so I have always enjoyed seeing you wear my number so honorably. I wish you all the best in your fight - I know we'll see 94 on the field again.
Name (City):
Submit your question here: